Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cannon Tool!
EVER WANT'D TA SAIL THY SEVEN SEAS?
EVER WANT'D TO PLUND'R TO YE HEARTS CONTENT?
EVER WANT'D TA DEFEN'D YE PUNY SCURVY RIDDEN VESSEL FROM PIRATES?

ARR, WELL THIS BE THE MOD FOR YEE,
THE CANNON TOOL!

So, all piracy aside, i present to you, The Cannon Tool!

I can hear you asking, what is the cannon tool?
Well, my hardy sailor, it is a tool that can make cannons!

But no, not just any old cannons...
Cannons that can unconstraint the prop they' fired at...
Cannons that can blow any lad down into the drink...
Cannons that can send ships burning to davy jones locker...

Ahem... I mean, these cannons are capable of removing constraints on props, but only the ones they hit. They have a small options menu in the tool, which allows you to select things such as the range, or how far the cannon will shoot, and max range isn't far, believe me... (Aka realistic)... these options consist of

Fuse timer, min time max time,
Unconstraint props
Unfreeze props
Ignite
Explode (on impact)
Range.

These allow for some highly custom cannons, although you may as well leave all ticked fuse time low and range high, you still cant fire yet...

You need to spawn a cannon ball and load it, it will take a few seconds to load, then you press e and watch the cannonball fly.

In a nutshell, you can have mortars, burners

AND IF YEE EVER WANTED TO BREAK DOWN TA FOES FRON' DOOR IN STYLE,
HAVE A SHIP THAT MAY RIVAL THE QUEEN ANNES REVENGE
HAVE A TOW ALONG CANNON IN WHICH CAN BLAST DOWN WALLS
HAVE A CANNON TO BRING FORTS CRASHING DOWN IN HEAPS OF FLAMES
Or defend yee fort...
Then this be the addon you be recommending...

(Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=121710536)

(Sorry for the cringe over dramatisation, i have to appeal to darkevin, and as destructible props didnt go too well i thought jt would be good to have this, as it can only dislodge one prop before you have to take out the tool gun, spawn and load the cannonball then wait for it to load, instead of blasting off huge portions of bases like pewpew acf and the destructible props)

but tbh, me and nesera were thinking of making small wooden tanks/boats and use prop cannons to blow each-other apart, but i figured this would be way easier, props less laggier than having potato cannons firing high speed potatos into props and risking shit spazzing out...

It will require CSS And may require HL2, but who seriously hasn't downloaded those yet.

And who doesnt want to blow off somebody elses front door... i mean cmon...

( i swear if one fking person complains their front door gets blown off by a cannon theres literally no point in having a war, just be happy it doesnt get obliterated to shit by acf, it adds risk to a war server, like i think darkevin tried to do with destructible props, except balanced, and if youre worried about your base builds getting destroyed either: defend it better, or build in sp then bring it to the server, its a way better option. )

Any questions just say, there is one known bug where if you undo it while its firing the fuse sound may loop which should be able to be fixed with stop sound, and i saw one comment about a script error when he shot striders.

The file is tiny at like 0.041 MB, So it shouldn't be anything bad, it was last updated 2013 by the looks but in SP It worked fine for me.

PS, DarKevin, you added the mounted guns but they're still all admin only, damnit!~
Heres a tip, if you want a good ship within the prop limit for all the peasants with a prop limit of 75 or over, make your ship out of either light plastic (slightly boyant but light, ideal for the exterior of the ship)
or wood (Extremely boyant and light, use it for the underwater part, deck and interior if you have one. If somebody shoots it off just be lucky it wasnt a cannon)
Another thing is dont add extra layers to your ship, they wont help very much and it makes it slower, bulkier, and easier to hit. You can even make an autoloader if you do a really simple trick. It also makes mobile artillery batteries much more effective as they can devastate bases if used correctly, a cannon battery followed by a seige tower is extremely effective, as ot gives you the upper ground, multiple levels to bpard depending on where the damage was caused.

And you dont need the boyuncy tool to make ships,myou get an extremely boyount prop such as the vending machines or blue barrels, make them really heavy and they will lift basically anything a reasonable amount under its weight. It might slow the ship down a little of you include too many and too heavy though.

P.S. Darkevin, you added the mounted guns but didnt unrestrict them ;-;.
Add them so at least some fucker can start to have a chance against my tanks xe
[Image: 200w.gif]