Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Destructible props
Question 
Simple Prop Damage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=346585225

Addon author Wrote:Simple Prop Damage (SPD) is an addon that adds a new feature to all regular props:
You can now damage any prop in Garrysmod!

Frustrated by the fact that weapons don't damage or destroy most props in GMod?
With Simple Prop Damage, almost any prop can now be destroyed by players, NPCs, explosions, other props, anything!
Prop vehicles can now take damage and even be destroyed by crashing into the world or other props!
Bases and forts are no longer invulnerable to attack! Add a new level of gameplay to Sandbox fort wars!
Props can be unfrozen and lose their welds if they become sufficently damaged! Watch your contraption fall apart piece by piece!

This is a lightweight, simple and yet powerful addon whose features include:

FEATURES:
  • Props can now be damaged and destroyed!
  • A versatile options menu that allows enabling/disabling and customization of nearly every feature.
  • Tools to heal props, disable SPD individually on props, or get a detailed analysis on the numbers behind prop health!
  • As props become damaged, they gradually turn customizable colors to give a quick idea of their current health.
  • Prop health is based on weight and volume, and the formula can be customized to your liking!
  • Use the options menu to set a health multiplier for all props, increasing every prop's durability.
  • You can increase the weight of a prop using a tool to increase it's base health. (Tool not included)
  • At customizable thresholds, props unfreeze and lose their constraints.
  • Particle effects signal when props reach certain thresholds of health, giving a strong visual feedback on prop health.
  • All particle effects are toggleable and can be changed to certain other effects, such as sparks, confetti, and blood.
  • Props create explosion effects on destruction, which is also toggleable and customizable.
  • Separately toggle whether physics impacts, bullets, or explosions damage props.
  • A compatibility mode to try and support some tested addons, such as Rubat's lightsaber addon. Thanks to SupeaMinto95 for suggesting it.

[Image: odgOeGd_700wa_0.gif]
Kevin. A big problem is that minges WILL come along and instantly think 'Oh, I bet I can break that' and if this addon is added, this will be a huge problem for people who want to build and not just fight. Especially for bases.
It's very simple, just kill them, that's the point anyway.
So yeah, I say add it in,
[Image: aze3Zef.gif]
(02-23-2016, 01:50 AM)Thomas2810NL Wrote: It's very simple, just kill them, that's the point anyway.

Nothing is ever simple Thomas. When a minge/player hurts your prop, you have to delete it and spawn it back in again, and the whole fucking process starts again. It's a vicious circle.
(02-23-2016, 01:50 AM)Thomas2810NL Wrote: It's very simple, just kill them, that's the point anyway.

So what if le SamMiches is le one we have to fight ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[Image: N5Aqwyw.jpg]
(02-23-2016, 01:56 AM)MstWnt3d Wrote:

So what if le SamMiches is le one we have to fight ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not enough "le's"
Bad idea, keep it the way it was.

And stop throwing the server, you know what i mean.
(02-23-2016, 12:50 AM)Misuteri Kenshi Wrote: Kevin. A big problem is that minges WILL come along and instantly think 'Oh, I bet I can break that' and if this addon is added, this will be a huge problem for people who want to build and not just fight. Especially for bases.

(02-23-2016, 12:54 AM)MstWnt3d Wrote:
This does sound like a great addon for the server but i have to agree with Kenshi that minges will abuse the shit out of it so innocent people building bases will have all their props destroyed.

Being able to destroy/break into bases is exactly the point of this addon.
Keep in mind that we can configure the damage however we want, we could make it so that it takes 5 minutes or longer to break a single prop and probably configure a lot of other stuff too.
And people who have trouble building usually make the mistake of trying to build in the middle of fucking spawn.
(02-23-2016, 05:23 AM)DarKevin Wrote: And people who have trouble building usually make the mistake of trying to build in the middle of fucking spawn.

He's got a point on this one.
[Image: aze3Zef.gif]
(02-23-2016, 05:23 AM)DarKevin Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 12:50 AM)Misuteri Kenshi Wrote: Kevin. A big problem is that minges WILL come along and instantly think 'Oh, I bet I can break that' and if this addon is added, this will be a huge problem for people who want to build and not just fight. Especially for bases.

(02-23-2016, 12:54 AM)MstWnt3d Wrote:
This does sound like a great addon for the server but i have to agree with Kenshi that minges will abuse the shit out of it so innocent people building bases will have all their props destroyed.

Being able to destroy/break into bases is exactly the point of this addon.
Keep in mind that we can configure the damage however we want, we could make it so that it takes 5 minutes or longer to break a single prop and probably configure a lot of other stuff too.
And people who have trouble building usually make the mistake of trying to build in the middle of fucking spawn.
Well this is a game changer but is it fool proof like could people find a work around it like destroying props faster even when the time to break the prop is like 5 minutes such as spawning duplications of nukes perhaps?
[Image: N5Aqwyw.jpg]