Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Destructible props: Conclusion
Information 
I have received complaints about a number of issues with Simple Prop Damage.
Keep in mind, I have just added it to the server for testing, since that is the best way to find those flaws.

For now I am going to remove the addon, while I would like to give it another go, if these issues can be fixed.

Here is a list of the issues we have found so far:

1.) Prop health balance
At the moment some props (especially smaller and thinner ones) are easy to destroy, while big props with a high volume can actually take a long time to be destroyed.
Solution: It is part of the addon to adjust the bonus health multipliers which give a bigger or heavier prop extra health.
That means we can lower the extra health given to them(or completely disable it) And then just increase the Base Health that all props have.
In theory we could set the base health to 99999999 and it would take an eternity to destroy a single prop.
If any of you have ever played Rust, you know how long it can take to for example, destroy a wall.
In the end, how high we set the prop health is up to us, it's just a matter of balancing.

2.) People create bases entirely made out of doors
Solution: Limit the amount of doors a user can have (for example 2-3) Respected players will not be limited, instead there will be a rule of not doing this door shit.

3.) Lag (from collapsing big bases)
Solution: It's possible to disable the unfreezing/unwelding of connected props.

4.) OP weapons can break props in one hit.
Solution: I can edit the lua and add a limit to the max damage a prop can take in one hit. For example:
If received damage is higher than 300, damage = 300. If you'd shoot it with 99999 damage, it would still only take 300 damage.

5.) Crashing
I haven't really heard anyone else complain about crashes, but ok.
Possible solutions: Disabling the unfreezing/unwelding (as for getting rid of lag)
Disabling the explosion effect when a prop is destroyed (which is also possible).

If you have anything to add to this list, let me know.
You know, I don't think a lot of people have realised the complete irony of 'Simple prop damage' because it's not simple to use at all...
It would be, if the configurations would actually work.
Well, it seems a waste of time having it on the server in my opinion.