Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
ACF - Armoured Combat Framework addon suggestion
"Armoured Combat Framework

The Armoured Combat Framework is a Garry's Mod addon which creates a balanced, realistic and fun to play combat damage system, simulating projectiles, armor and explosions, as well as engines and gearboxes."

Here's the description on the github (https://github.com/nrlulz/ACF ) of the addon, i think the author of the addon describe it better than i do.

ACF allow your to make all varieties of contraptions, cars, racing cars, light tanks, heavy tanks, bunkers, artillery and all other applications.
ACF got all kinds of weapon, from the 7.62 mm MachineGun and the small 60 mm mortar to gigantic 140 mm anti tank cannon or 203 mm howitzer, with normals weapon between the 2.
To avoid players just straping 10 gigantics canon on a bad car, ACF got engines, radials for planes (yes, you can do planes with ACF and fins) v12 for tanks or racing cars, turbines for heli or modern vehicles.

ACF is also a good alternative to SPD (simple prop damage) that has been criticized by some player because it's too easy to destroy bases with. you can only destroy props with acf guns, and need to use special kind of munitions, and it's considering the props isn't armored, because you can end up with well armored bunker that can resist a beating.

Also, ACF rely heavily on wiremod, even if it's not really hard to wire, it's still enough to keep the kids away from it.

Here's one of my tank, a T-90 that i did with ACF.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.co...8F7CE60E0/

Also, ACF is also used with a few other workshop addons

Sprops:
not a realy necesarry addon, it add props that can make vehicle building easier

Visual clip and Visual clip advanced:
Also not necesarry, but can also make vehicly building easier.

Multi parent and Multi unparent
Not necesarry, but advised, as you can make a 500 props contraption lag as much as a 10 props non parented one.
+ 1 I actually dabbed into ACF and introduced it to Nesera. It's a really fun addon to use.
How do you download it?
We used to have this a loooooooooooong time ago I think, it didn't work properly if I remember correctly.
[Image: aze3Zef.gif]
Now it works amazing.